Back to the Museum Research Resources Home Page
Decatur Baptist College (DBC)
Old Newspaper Clippings &
Pictures/Papers from the Wise County Heritage Museum Files
Wise County, North Texas
Below are some images of newspaper clippings
and pictures about the Decatur Baptist College. These images came from microfilm
and pictures that are available at the Wise County Heritage
Museum Only a few articles are represented. Clippings that mentioned only a
few names of students attending the school were not included.
These articles and pictures give some information about the college before we had yearbooks.
All of the names in the articles below are in the yearbook index of names.
Click here to go to the index of 25,000 names in all of these books.
Below are thumbnail images of all pages. Click on them to make them large enough to read.
Construction & ads for opening of Northwest Texas Baptist College.
Teachers under President A.J. Emerson.
Reopening under Principal C.E. Thompson.
College bought by the Baptist Coalition. Name changed to Decatur Baptist College.
Reopened under President, Dr. B.F. Giles.
Articles about graduation and honor roll.
Dr. J.L. Ward becomes president.
In 1904 the boy's dormitory burns.
Articles with names of students and teachers.
In 1905 the first 'Black and Gold' magazine was published.
(Some pictures below that came from the Museum go beyond the year 1907)